Established in 2009 to meet the demands for water services in Logan City, Queensland; the Alliance delivers new and improved water, wastewater and recycled water infrastructure throughout Logan.
Logan Water Alliance is one of the largest water infrastructure delivery programs of its type in Australia.
The team is comprised of public and private sector enterprise, involving Logan City Council and three engineering service providers – Tenix, Parsons Brinkerhoff and Cardno.
Approximately 80+ people work directly for the Alliance in a broad range of roles and Logan City Council has a high degree of involvement in the daily procedures of the project.
The Alliance also manages a range of contractors who provide construction and other specialist services.
Treescience commenced works with Logan Water Alliance in August 2011 and since inclusion on the project, has performed extensive Data Collection; Report Writing; Project Arborist Supervision; Tree Surgery and Training services.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- In-house training of Logan Water Alliance staff and contractors
- Forensic investigation techniques for tree root location and decay
- Tree surgery and fertilisation works
- Tree surveys and ariel tree risk inspections
- Project arborist supervision
- Tree reports extending from Tree Risk Assessments to detailed Planning Reports to specifically meet Local and State Government legislation.